Alex and Arthur: Two Tiff Tuesday 2013 Edition - #2

Tuesday 20 August 2013

Two Tiff Tuesday 2013 Edition - #2

It's Tuesday, which means it's time for me to review the TIFF movie listing and select two films that I'd like to see.  I actually hadn't seen these two films on the website when I did my first TIFF posting of 2013.  Usually, the films I'd like to see are not listed in any particular order expect the two films I'm going to include in today's post are my absolute number one and two films.




Okay, first, this film stars Julian Barratt of the Mighty Boosh who is my absolute favourite.  Second, it's directed by Ben Wheatley the director of Kill List and Sightseers.  Both are amazing films, which I saw at TIFF in previous years, in fact, Sightseers may be my favourite film of the 2012 festival.  If you ever have an opportunity to see either of these films, I highly recommend that you check them out.  Last year during the Q&A session that followed the showing of Sightseers, Ben Wheatley mentioned that he was going to start shooting A Field in England the following week....and I've been excited ever since.

Here is the synopsis on the website:

Civil War-era England. The year is 1648. A group of soldiers flees from the battlefront through an overgrown field, only to be captured by the frightening and commanding O'Neil, who forces the men to accompany him on a bizarre search for a treasure he believes is buried nearby. After dining on mushrooms picked from the field, they slowly spiral into a psychedelic nightmare of paranoia, in-fighting, and terror.

This is number one on my list of must sees at TIFF 2013.



Hey, is it Mighty Boosh day on my blog?  The film The Double is directed by Richard Ayoade and stars Jesse Eisenberg and Mia Wasikowska.  It is about a man who finds his life being usurped by his doppelganger -- a doppelganger who is more charming, confident and successful.

In 2010, Richard Ayoade premiered his feature film directing debut at TIFF with the film Submarine (my absolutely favourite film of 2010-- again, if you haven't already seen it definitely go check it out.)  Needless to say, I have very high hopes for The Double.

So, here are the #1 and #2 films I want to see this year.  I suspect the second will be more difficult to get premiere tickets but I'm going to do my best.  I hope I'm able to because it's at the Winter Garden Theatre, which is absolutely gorgeous.  

The official TIFF schedule has been announced so I'm going to spend the next few weeks going over my selections/scheduling with a fine tooth comb.  If you were following my blog last year, you'll probably remember how much planning is involved.  I need to have back up films/scheduling in the event I am unable to procure tickets to some of my first choices.

Well, this is where I'm going to leave you.  Thanks for stopping by!

Alex & Arthur

3 comments:

  1. I was so disappointed when I missed out on tickets to A Field in England at the Perth Film Festival in July. It looks so good. Can't wait to hear what you thought of it x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Alex! Congrats onthe lovely blog. We have our own film festival in huntsville, HIFF if you will, you should check it out sometime. Great blog, I will keep following!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Double looks really interesting. I love Jesse Eisenberg's awkwardness. :) Thanks for covering these movies, usually I just read about these blockbusters like Gravity and 12 years a slave being presented at TIFF 2013.(not saying they're bad)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...