Alex and Arthur: TIFF TUESDAY #3

Tuesday 19 August 2014

TIFF TUESDAY #3

Exciting day in the world of the Toronto International Film Festival.  This morning on the way to work, I stopped by the Tiff Lightbox to pick up the 2014 film schedule.  So when I get home tonight I'll try to plot out which movies I can see and when....and ultimately be disappointed when I realize that two movies I really want to see are playing at the same time (happens every year!).

When I first starting posting about my film festival experience, I chose Tuesday as the day for the sole purpose that Tuesday and TIFF both start with a "t" but luckily, it's also the day when most of the announcements happen.

As it's Tuesday, here are another two films I'm looking forward to seeing at the festival this year:

Red Alert


It is a short, 9-minute film about a young auburn-haired girl who panics when she finds out that redheads may become extinct in the future.  It sounds adorable.
It was directed by a Canadian named Barry Avrich whose documentary credits include: The Last Mogul (05), Show Stopper: The Theatrical Life of Garth Drabinsky (12), and Filthy Gorgeous: The Bob Guccione Story (13)

I believe it's part of the Short Cuts Canada Program but I can't figure out which one.

Escobar: Paradise Lost  


This film is about a surfer from Canada named Nick who meets the woman of his dreams while in Colombia. The woman, Maria, is busy campaigning for her politician uncle, who turns out to be Pablo Escobar. Nick soon finds himself in a world of extravagance, corruption and bloodshed.

I have to admit, I'm on the fence about this film.  It's definitely a movie I'd like to see but outside of the festival setting I'd wait so that I could watch it at home.   So why is it on my list? Three words: Benicio Del Toro

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...